Bank holiday brightness.

I hate to risk the wrath of the weather gods but all of the signs are that it is going to be a half decent bank holiday, weather wise, and today will be a good “taster” of what is in store.

The air pressure in our area remains relatively high and is now part of a more complex system.  This means we will see more of a breeze today although the good news is that it will be bringing warm air from the SW.  The average wind speed will be around 5mph this morning increasing to 8-9mph as the day passes.  Gusts could be around 25mph.

The jet stream is dividing the UK into two parts and bringing different weather to each half.  The northern parts of the UK and Ireland will see rain whilst the further south you go there will be cloud, bright spells and dry warmer weather.  I am pleased to report that we sit in the lower half.

There will be more cloud around than we saw yesterday but we will still see the thermometer rise to around 16c by mid afternoon as the cloud will be thin enough to allow for some bright spells (yesterday’s high was around 18c).  Overnight the increasing cloud will keep in the residual heat and the overnight minimum will be around 7c (last night 5.5c at 05:16 hours).

Although we will see more cloud today the chance of any rain is only around 8% or if we look at it in the positive light the chances of a totally dry day are 92%!  Another god day for getting out and about or drying the washing!

Summary.

A dry and mild day with bright spells despite some cloud.

Observations made 06:25 hours Hammerwich, Staffordshire.

Air pressure : 1019.6 mb ; Temperature : 56.4c; Wind : 5mph SW ; Relative humidity : 78%; Rain since 00:01 hours : 0.0mm; Rain this month : 0mm; Rain this year : 124.6mm

This entry was posted in Weather and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.