Weather news – make the most of today

During the daylight hours today will continue with the mild weather theme that we enjoyed yesterday.  It is also likely that we will see some brighter spells through thin or fragmented low to medium height cloud.

Later tonight will see the influence of the low pressure system, that I have spoken about over the last few days, move into our area.  This will increase the wind speed and also slightly increase the air temperature.

Our top temperature during daylight hours will around 9c whilst overnight we will see the temperature increase by a degree or two to around 11c.

During the daylight hours the average wind speed will be around 5-6mph but as the evening passes and we enter into the early hours of tomorrow we will see this increase to 10-15mph with gust speeds around 35-40mph. the wind will be deriving SSW.

Whilst for today there is only a 10% risk of rain tomorrow sees this likelihood raise to 90% plus.  The current radar images suggests that the heaviest rain on Wednesday appears to be in our area around mid morning to mid afternoon.

Summary: A mild and often pleasant day. Wind speeds increasing overnight bringing rain tomorrow.

Observations made 08:28 hours Hammerwich, Staffordshire.
Temperature : 8.2c; Air pressure : 1014mb; Relative humidity : 87%; wind : 3mph SSW; Rain this month : 62.2mm ; Rain this year : 535.2mm

Hammerwich weather, Lichfield weather, Burntwood, weather, Brownhills weather, Bloxwich weather, Pelsall weather, WS7 weather, Walsall weather

 

 

 

 

 

This entry was posted in News and politics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.